The Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO is the largest National meeting dedicated to providing science-based strategies for individuals impacted by excess weight and obesity, proudly brought to you by the OAC. As a National non-profit organization, by the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is dedicated to helping the millions of Americans impacted by excess weight and obesity through education, advocacy and support.
The OAC’s Convention is a 3-day educational event designed to bring together all individuals who struggle or are concerned with weight-related issues. The entire weekend is dedicated to presenting a comprehensive agenda, comprised of diverse topics that are designed to help any individual who has ever had a concern about their weight. We bring-in the country’s leading experts on weight and health and give you the RIGHT tools to be successful in your lifelong journey with weight.
The OAC’s Convention is committed to:
- Presenting more than 50 educational topics, from the basics of nutrition and available treatment options for weight, to behavioral health issues like food addiction and the science behind willpower
- Bringing-in the country’s leading experts on weight and health, dedicated to presenting science-based information
- Incorporating a strong fitness component, offering an array of group fitness classes designed for all abilities
- Creating a strong community and the ideal environment where the healthy choice is the easy choice
- Conducting an Advocacy Training Day where we train our next set of advocates to go to Capitol Hill and advocate within their local and state governments
The Convention welcomes individuals from all over the country to come and find the education and community that you’ve been looking for. What’s unique about the OAC’s Convention is that there is literally something for everyone. Whether you are interested in learning the basics, are a post-op bariatric surgery patient or are a support-person to someone who is affected, you will find an array of topics presented. If you are filled with a fire to learn more about your weight and health, or if you are looking for that one place to come and connect with others along the same journey, then the OAC’s Convention is the place for you!
Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO Planning Committee
The OAC is fortunate to have the support of an amazing group of volunteers who generously give their time, talents and expertise to make the Convention an experience you won’t forget. Our volunteers take great pride in their role in the Convention and truly believe in the cause and helping others. It is with great pride that we introduce our team of volunteers whom make this effort possible:
Convention Planning Committee
Pam Davis, RN, BSN, CBN, MBA – Chair
Kristal Hartman – Co-chair
Michelle Vicari – OAC Chairwoman
Tammy Beaumont, BSN, RN, CBN
Jaime Fivecoat, MBA
Patty Nece, JD
Christopher D. Still, DO, FACN, FACP