Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO is a one-of-a-kind, immersive educational experience that offers you the opportunity to invest in your health and get the tools you need to manage your weight and health. Whether we are meeting in-person or virtually, this national meeting, proudly brought to you by the Obesity Action Coalition, is designed to bring together all individuals who struggle or are concerned with weight-related issues and provide them science-based education, practical tips and support to manage their journey with weight.
Who Attends Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO?
This annual meeting has something for everyone! Whether you are interested in learning the basics, are a post-op bariatric surgery patient, a healthcare provider looking for the latest science, or a support-person to someone who is affected, you will find an array of applicable topics presented for you.
Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO offers:
- Top-notch and thought-provoking educational sessions geared toward weight management
- An EXPO Hall with resources that you can use from vetted vendors from the industry
- The opportunity to engage with experts one-on-one
- A chance to learn, connect and engage with like-minded individuals
- CE Credits are available for nurses and some healthcare professionals!
Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO Planning Committee
The OAC is fortunate to have the support of an amazing group of volunteers who generously give their time, talents and expertise to make the Convention an experience you won’t forget. Our volunteers take great pride in their role in the Convention and truly believe in the cause and helping others. It is with great pride that we introduce our team of volunteers whom make this effort possible:
Convention Planning Committee
- Pam Davis, RN, BSN, CBN, MBA – Chair
- Kristal Hartman – Co-chair
- Patty Nece, JD – OAC Chairwoman
- Michelle Vicari – OAC Immediate-Past Chairwoman
- Tammy Beaumont, BSN, RN, CBN
- Debera Gau
- Jaime Fivecoat, MBA
- Rob Portinga
- Christopher D. Still, DO, FACN, FACP
- Ava Zebrick
About the Obesity Action Coalition
The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) was founded in 2005. We are a national non-profit organization dedicated to giving a voice and helping individuals along their journey toward better health. Your Weight Matters Convention is one of our initiatives but we do so much more! From National Campaigns to Public Education Resources and Annual Convention, we offer a variety of helpful tools and resources to help you better understand your health journey. To learn more about the OAC, please CLICK HERE.